Do you love animals? Then a career at the Country Club Pet Resort may be for you!
Our pet care technicians are responsible for the care and wellbeing of all our boarding guests (furry & feathered!). If you are detail oriented with a passion for pets, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Previous experience in an animal related field, such as a dog daycare, boarding facility, dog training, grooming salon, vet clinic, etc., is desired.
- Have a basic understanding of animal behaviour and body language
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time, continuous walking, bending & the ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Detail oriented and able to communicate in a professional manner
- Happy to work independently as well as with a team.
- Confident handling skills.
- The willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Must be punctual and reliable as we’re working with live animals that depend on us.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle as public transportation is not available.
- Weekend and holiday availability is required.
- Cleaning & disinfecting of pet suites daily. This is an integral part of keeping a healthy & safe environment for our guests.
- Feeding, watering, and medicating.
- Ability to recognize changes in pet’s demeanour, appetite, appearance, etc. and notify supervisors/management of any abnormalities.
- Rotating dogs outside in all weather conditions.
- Facilitate pet activities, such as off leash time, leashed walks, and cuddles!
- Outdoor maintenance, such as: daily scooping of the romping corrals, sweeping, periodic snow removal, raking leaves, and other tasks.
Professional dog groomer
- Grooming Certificate
- 4 years or more of hands on grooming experience for all breeds.
- Confident handling skills, both with dogs (all temperaments) and equipment.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Physically able to stand for long periods and lift up to 50lb.
- Must be able to communicate well with both clients and management.
- Must have time management skills